Blue Spruce trees create an excellent windbreak. Call us to discuss your needs and objectives; we can help you work through a design and budget.
Listed below are several articles with helpful information regarding windbreaks, shelterbelts, and snow fences:
- ID Five-Row Windbreak
- MSU Trees and Shelterbelts
- MSU Windbreak Basics
- MSU Windbreaks for MT
- NEBR Windbreak Design
- UW Living Snow Fence
- UW Take a Break from the Wind
Many of the windbreak suggestions apply. Simply reduce the plan to one or two rows of trees.
Tree-Lined Entrances or Driveways
Blue Spruce can have a dramatic impact on the entrance to your farm or ranch. Some things to consider:
- Do you prefer to plant trees directly across from each other down each side of your driveway or have the rows alternate?
- Be careful about spacing the trees too closely – you do not want to create a snowfence in the driveway – let the snow blow through.
- Plant them 10-15 feet away from the edge of the road – otherwise the trees will eventually encroach upon the drive.